1909: Missionary Board Organized
By 1909, it was evident to leaders of the Church of God reformation movement that some organization was needed to coordinate the fervent cross-cultural evangelistic work of the church. And so on June 12, 1909, the Missionary Board of the Church of God became the second official agency of the Church of God by common consent of the ministers present at the annual camp meeting in Anderson, Indiana. At the first annual meeting of the Missionary Board that year, 19 missionaries and 8 evangelists are were recognized and appointed. Within two years, that number had grown to 65.
By the end of the first decade of the 20th century, the message of the Church of God had also been carried by independent missionaries to the islands of the West Indies, England, Germany, Russia, Egypt, and as far as China and Japan.